[SD-User] (no subject)

Brian Summers summersb at telus.net
Wed Mar 12 23:56:26 EDT 2008

Hi Paul:

A check of my log seems to indicate that everything is as it should be.  This was the first time I used SD and it went very well, only a few occasions when I couldn't figure out what was going on.  Come the next contest I'll be able to comment more constructively.

I did find Winkey not responding as I expected. I'd change the speed pot and it took a long time before the speed would change. A long time being many seconds by which time the contact was over. This was usually when someone was having trouble copying my call and I wanted to slow down, or someone was sending very fast and I wanted to match them. I also found that when sending message 1, CQ, the keying would sometimes go berserk and I'd hit Esc to recover. This happened on many ocassions during the contest.

A question. Other than Cabrillo is there a log file listing time, band, and exchanges, without the Cabrillo header? This is to send to Radio Amateurs of Canada for QSL'ing. I operated as a HQ station.

All in all an excellent piece of logging software. Unless I find something really lacking TRLog will likely be retired.

tnx, 73 Brian VE7JKZ

Message: 4