[SECC] GQP

Larry Hammel K5OT k5ot@earthlink.net
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:04:40 -0400

Here's my $0.02 worth on the subject:

- It's pretty darn warm/humid out there as a GA mobile in July.  I think
another look at the other potential weekends (although only a few) is a good
idea to revisit.

- I really like the concept of a multi-state or regional QP.  Coordination
would be tricky, but it could be done!

- FL isn't likely to give up anything they've earned ... and I don't blame
them.   K4OJ and company have done a fabulous job on the recent FQP's!

This thing might take a couple of years to gel.  For next year, increase
visibility with a first-class web presence.  NE4S has already got some great
things going on that.  Evaluate and perhaps change the weekend for 2002.  In
the meantime, talk up the subject with the FL guys plus some of the
neighboring states.  There might even be enough time to put together some
kind of multi-state QP recognition next year.

I still find the concept of more than one state running a QSO Party
simultaneously from the same geographic area fascinating!

73,
Larry K5OT