[SECC] GQP

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an@contesting.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:17:56 -0400 (EDT)

Well, when I join the reflector... I make up for lost time.  :)

> - FL isn't likely to give up anything they've earned ... and I don't blame
> them.   K4OJ and company have done a fabulous job on the recent FQP's!

So the worst thing that can happen is that I write Jim an email and he
responds with "you are smoking crack, leave me alone".

The best thing is that they are happy to share the responsibility of
running the event and welcome the increased exposure and participation.

> I still find the concept of more than one state running a QSO Party
> simultaneously from the same geographic area fascinating!

This seems universal based on replies so far.  In the web business we
refer to critical mass as the point where a web site's participation
sustains itself.  Until critical mass is attained, it is a lot of extra
work promoting it.

Critical mass can't happen on too narrow a topic on the web or in a
contest, and so adding multiple states to an event makes a lot of sense to
me.

73

Bill