[SECC] IMPORTANT REMINDER

Jay Pryor jpryor@arches.uga.edu
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 08:36:03 -0400

--=====================_1835489==_.ALT

I want to remind everyone to cast your votes for WRTC-2002 participants.

Thanks,

- Jay, K4OGG

> [...]
>determined generally by where the competitor lives.  However, in one case
>that was clarified by WRTC organizers, the prospective competitor lives in
>the West but his station is in the East and he is should be considered for
>the East group.  East is defined as call areas: W1,2,3,4,8 and 9.  West is
>defined as call areas: W5,6,7,0, KH6 and KL7.  If you have a question
>about which area a competitor is in, please let me know and I will try to
>get clarification from the WRTC organizers.
>
>Your job is to vote for five competitors from the East and five
>competitors from the West.  Please note that your vote will be kept
>confidential!
>
>WRTC organizers will assign one point to each contester nominated by the
>ten clubs and the five competitors in East and five competitors in the
>West who receive the most votes will be invited to be team captains.  They
>will then select partners for the competition.
>
>Note that the defending champions of WRTC2000 are automatically
>included.  Therefore DO NOT vote for defending champions N5TJ or K1TO.
>
>Also please note that you are encouraged to vote for the contesters you
>believe are best qualified to represent the U.S. in this
>competition.  They may or may not be members of the South East Contest
>Club. Let your conscience be your guide.
>
>Please submit your vote to me with a copy to K9AY by the end of the day,
>Wednesday June 13. It is important for validation purposes that you send
>your vote to both of us!  Gary and I will forward the club's ten nominees
>to WRTC-2002 organizers on Friday, June 15, which is the deadline.
>
>A list of contesters who want to be considered may be found
>here:  http://www.contesting.com/wrtc2002/club
>
>These contesters have also posted their qualifications, but for a reason
>unknown to me, they are not available to the public.  I have asked that
>everyone be provided access to the qualifications but have not yet
>received a reply.  If everyone is not given access to the web site, either
>K9AY or I will post a list of the qualifications of the East coast
>contesters.  Gary already has posted the qualifications of the West coast
>contesters as an email attachment which you should have.
>
>Please give this your serious consideration and cast your ballot.  There
>are a great many contesters who would love to have the opportunity to vote
>but cannot.  Use your ballot wisely.  Remember to send your ballot to me
>AND to Gary -- five contesters from the East and five contesters from the
>West.  Again, your vote will be kept confidential by Gary and me.  Our
>email addresses are below.
>
>jpryor@arches.uga.edu
>
>gary@noblepub.com
>

>73,
>Jay, K4OGG              Gary, K9AY
>SECC President  SECC President-elect

--=====================_1835489==_.ALT

I want to remind everyone to cast your votes for WRTC-2002
participants.<br>
Thanks,<br>
- Jay, K4OGG<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab><br>
vote</b> for WRTC participants, <b>no later than Wednesday, June
13.&nbsp; <br>
</b>THE PROCESS:<br>
The organizers for WRTC-2002 has named the South East Contest Club as one
of 13 clubs which will nominate contestants to represent the United
States in Finland next year.&nbsp; Each of the 13 clubs will nominate 5
competitors from the East and 5 competitors from the West.&nbsp;
&quot;East&quot; and &quot;West&quot; are determined generally by where
the competitor lives.&nbsp; However, in one case that was clarified by
WRTC organizers, the prospective competitor lives in the West but his
station is in the East and he is should be considered for the East
group.&nbsp; East is defined as call areas: W1,2,3,4,8 and 9.&nbsp; West
is defined as call areas: W5,6,7,0, KH6 and KL7.&nbsp; If you have a
question about which area a competitor is in, please let me know and I
will try to get clarification from the WRTC organizers.&nbsp; <br>
Your job is to vote for five competitors from the East and five
competitors from the West.&nbsp; <b>Please note that your vote will be
kept confidential!<br>
</b>WRTC organizers will assign one point to each contester nominated by
the ten clubs and the five competitors in East and five competitors in
the West who receive the most votes will be invited to be team
captains.&nbsp; They will then select partners for the competition.&nbsp;
Note that the defending champions of WRTC2000 are automatically
included.&nbsp; Therefore DO NOT vote for defending champions N5TJ or
K1TO.&nbsp; <br>
Also please note that you are encouraged to vote for the contesters you
believe are best qualified to represent the U.S. in this
competition.&nbsp; They may or may not be members of the South East
Contest Club. Let your conscience be your guide.&nbsp; <br>
Please submit your vote to me with a copy to K9AY by the end of the day,
Wednesday June 13. It is important for validation purposes that you send
your vote to both of us!&nbsp; Gary and I will forward the club's ten
nominees to WRTC-2002 organizers on Friday, June 15, which is the
deadline.&nbsp; <br>
A list of contesters who want to be considered may be found here:&nbsp;
These contesters have also posted their qualifications, but for a reason
unknown to me, they are not available to the public.&nbsp; I have asked
that everyone be provided access to the qualifications but have not yet
received a reply.&nbsp; If everyone is not given access to the web site,
either K9AY or I will post a list of the qualifications of the East coast
contesters.&nbsp; Gary already has posted the qualifications of the West
coast contesters as an email attachment which you should have.&nbsp;
Please give this your serious consideration and cast your ballot.&nbsp;
There are a great many contesters who would love to have the opportunity
to vote but cannot.&nbsp; Use your ballot wisely.&nbsp; Remember to send
your ballot to me AND to Gary -- five contesters from the East and five
contesters from the West.&nbsp; Again, your vote will be kept
confidential by Gary and me.&nbsp; Our email addresses are below.&nbsp;
jpryor@arches.uga.edu<br>
gary@noblepub.com<br>
73,<br>
Jay,
K4OGG<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab><x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Gary,
K9AY<br>
SECC President<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>SECC
President-elect</blockquote><br>