[SECC] Re: [SEDXC] Front End Saver?

Larry Crim k4ab@email.msn.com
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 20:26:31 -0600

>After scouring and reading the top band archives, I decided that just
>because my FT1000MP has a dedicated RX antenna input jack, it is still
>necessary to protect it from strong transmitted signals.  'Possible' ills
>that may result from not protecting the RX input include blown front ends
or
>spurious transmitted signals.

Don't think so.

This has been discussed ad infinitum on the FT-1000MP reflector
and the so called "experts" seem to think a "front end saver" for the
RX input is not necessary.

Your mileage may vary.

I've got 2 MPs, and use Beverages on the RX input and no problems
for 5 years.

I think there is a FT-1000MP archive somewhere with an article from K6SE
who explains this....however I don't have the address.

GL!
-Larry K4AB