[SECC] 160 Antenna

K4SB k4sb@mindspring.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:19:33 +0000

Guys, I was messing around with my EZNEC files a few days before, and
came across an old antenna file I had designed for 160. When, I don't
know.

Would like for any of you with EZ to do a check on it for me. It is so
simple, yet shows such a good pattern that I need to make sure I don't
have something set up wrong.

The antenna looks like a square letter C. Vertical portion is 70',
with the top and bottom legs 93 feet, and the bottom of the low leg 10
feet off the ground.

EZ wires are as follows:

1. 0,0,10     0,0,80  ( this is the 70' vertical wire.

2. 0,0,10  (w1e1)    0,94,10 (bottom leg horz.

3. 0,0,80 (w1e2)    0,,80,94 (top horz pos

Wires are segmented at:1 70, 94, 94 with #12 copper.

Feed may be at the top, middle, or bottom of the vertical leg, OR at
25% of the bottom horz wire, which gives almost a perfect match.
Source is SI. Impedence is around 54-j.7.

TO main angle is 28 degrees with about 3+ dbi gain there, but useful
gain down to about 7 degrees.

Best yet, remodeling it on 80 requires only a height of 40 feet.

How about it?

73
Ed