[SECC] Ready for AQP

Michael Condon mcondon@attglobal.net
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:36:17 -0400

All is ready for a rover run for AQP.  It will be my first attempt at a
rover run.  A new member, Jeff Short, KD3UC was good enough to agree to join
me in the run; Jeff is newly back to town, and wanted to shake off the
"rust".  So He and I will operate NE4S/m from the "Imperial Cruiser".
Actually I promised to let him do most if not all the operation, as the
navigation is almost as mysterious to me as the operating.  We will probably
switch off somewhere along the way.

The mobile is nearly ready; just need a place for the op to put a key, and a
bit of tune on the 40M hamstick.

So with some ice for the cooler, and a tank of gas, we are off about noon
tomorrow to get to the start line at 1800Z.

We will be on or near the published frequencies, starting on 20M, and try to
sort out the various "parties" on the air tomorrow.

See you there, Mike, NE4S