[SECC] Fwd: [CQ-Contest] ARLB007 ARRL Board AdoptsModified Novice Band Refarming Plan

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:16:03 -0500

I disagree.  The 25 khz on 75 and the 25 khz on 15 meters that we may
potentially lose are almost never used, CW contest weekends or not.  If
there are two or three stations using those 25 khz., there are still
plenty of empty CW frequencies on 80 meters and plenty of empty space
between 21100 and 21175. Remember that our power is limited to 200 watts
in the 15 meter novice band.  Some stations do work above 21.100, but
not as many as go above 28.100 where the US power is not so limited.

Try calling CQs on cw on 3735 and 21185 at any speed and see how long it
is before you get an answer.

73,

John, K4BAI.