[SECC] Contest Activity

AE4Y ae4y at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 19 20:12:56 EST 2003

The discussion about helping the SECC be a presence in contests got me to
thinking.  I just did a quick review of the contests that I've participated
in during the past 12 months and for which I've submitted logs listing the
SECC as my club affiliation.

Now I recognize that my peanut whistle of a station isn't going to be a pace
setter and in many of the contests I only managed to operate 5 to 10 hours,
but I generated as many QSOs as possible while enjoying myself and finding
way to balance my family responsibilities.

Here's the list of contests (not necessarily in calendar order):

ARRL 10 meter
ARRL CW DX
ARRL SSB DX
BARTG Sprint RTTY   (Note: should not be confused with working a CW test
with a code reader)
CW CQWW DX
SSB CQWW DX
ARRL CW SS
ARRL SSB SS
January CW NAQP
JARTS RTTY
ARRL RTTY
BARTG Spring Contest RTTY
SSB WPX
CW WPX
CQ-RJ RTTY
February RTTY NAQP
IARU HF Championship
SARTG RTTY
September CW NA Sprint
SCC RTTY
WAE RTTY
CW WAE

I hope to repeat this during the next 12 months.

Kent, AE4Y