[SECC] Re: New Member - WA8REI - Kenneth Louks

Kenneth A Louks klouks at usol.com
Sun Dec 19 00:07:34 EST 2004

Bill and SECC contesters:

Thank you for the WARM welcome.  I can use it!   Single digit temps will be here in east central
Lower
Michigan within a couple hours!  It's already 7F at Houghton Lake, about 80 miles north of the home
QTH.

I am indebted to fellow SECC member Matt, K4AQ, for tugging at my sleeve to join the SECC.  While
I may not be able to add my scores to the club in many of the contests, I will certainly add my
scores when
the rules allow.

A brief bio:  Age 57, retired US Postal Service manager; Vietnam Era Veteran, US Army; professional
church
organist for 39 years; pianist/keyboardist; other interests:  bicycling, snowmobiling, snowshoeing,
camping,
hiking.

I especially enjoy portable QRP operation (battery powered) at lighthouses, on hilltops, or on
shorelines
using my Yaesu FT-817 and an assortment of antennas including a Hustler 4BTV vertical, dipoles and
end
fed random wires.

I wish EVERY MEMBER a blessed Christmas and FB contesting in '05.

73,
Ken, WA8REI   (also MM0KAL-Shetland Isles DX-pedition August 1004)