[SECC] Cluster Update

Ernie Zingleman ks4q at zingleman.com
Mon Mar 8 09:26:17 EST 2004

Just a quick update for the cluster users before I have to run.....

Over the weekend, I noticed that we had over 800 spots/hour at one point on
Sunday morning.

With redundant links to several other systems, we are not likely to miss any
spots.  (Side note, if you only see a hundred or two hundred users, don't
think that the number of spotters is limited by this number.....we get the
benefit of all the spots without the burden of a lot of useless traffic on
the internet link.)

For RF users, we've added a new access point north of Atlanta in Jasper, GA
(Pickens County...which is north of Cherokee County).  It is at 2755' MSL
and has very good coverage south to Atlanta.  At my house in S. Forsyth, the
station is 60 dB over 9.  Coverage to the east and the north is yet to be
determined.

Both 1200 bps and 2400 bps access is available on 145.09 MHz as follows....

N3DAB-2  1200 bps   145.09 MHz  (type 'c n3dab-2')
N3DAB-3  2400 bps   145.09 MHz  (type 'c n3dab-3')

Once you connect to either of the above, type 'C OGL1'    Wait for the
prompt and then type 'DX'.

This new site in Jasper may be of benefit to potential DXers that don't yet
have broadband service at their home.
If anyone knows of any DXers or Clubs that may be interested, please forward
this message on to them.
Special thanks for bringing this new site online go to: N3DAB, N2OJQ,
WA4BPY, and K4SB.

Also, Sawnee has been upgraded with commercial Motorola (Syntor X) radios on
144.95 and 145.69. These units can run over a hundred watts, but are idled
back to 50 watts.  A new alignment on all the TNCs at Sawnee was performed.

73, Ernie KS4Q