[SECC] This weekend's contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu May 20 11:08:24 EDT 2004

Hello all:

There is only one contest announced for this weekend.  I doubt we can
work much in it, but it does allow everyone to work everyone, so we
might find some QSOs.

Baltic Contest.  (This means Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, ES, YL, LY).

2100 UTC Sat May 22 to 02 UTC Sun May 23.  80 meters only.  Frequencies:
3510-3600 CW.  SSB:  3600-3650 and 3700-3750.  I guess this means that
all US QSOs must be split.  Surely it doesn't mean that US stations
cannot participate on SSB.  It must mean that one station must be on
those frequencies.  Exchange:  RST + serial number.  For NA stations:
20 points for each Baltic station.  1 point for each non-Baltic station.
  Each station may be contactsed on CW and on SSB.  Entries may be CW,
SSB, or Mixed.  The website that I have for the contest rules is no
good.  The SM3CER contest website has an English summary of rules with
last year's dates.  http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/baltic/htm.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and gets everything ready for CQ WPX CW
the next weekend.

73,

John, K4BAI.