[SECC] Club

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sat Sep 4 13:04:11 EDT 2004

I think the entire point of the discussion has been missed completely. I am
not, and I would think Jeff is not, interested in making wholesale changes
to the SECC. What I am asking is what does this club do! In reality, the
answer I see posted have been 'nothing but post scores'. I personally, do
not get into contest to enter any club competition, I enter contest for the
fun of it and for the ongoing competition with my fellow hams. As a member
of a club I get the additional competative urge to 'beat' my fellow club
members, for the fun of it.

I asked the question of 'what is the job of the club officers', not to be
provacative as accused, but since most of the answers about stimulating club
camaraderie was "if you  want to do something, do it". If the club officers
are not the one's responsible for stimulating the club, who is?

Well, never mind...I think I'm done beating a dead horse.

Tom - W4BQF