[SECC] 40M Bandplan <was> CQWW RTTY Results

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 28 10:50:46 EDT 2004

ku8e at bellsouth.net wrote:

I'm sure the guy on CW was not intentionally jamming you Jon...  I
have to admit I have infringed up in the RTTY part of 20 meters during
CW SS to find
a clear frequency and all of a sudden someone will send RTTY on top of
me. I
assume that might of been intentional to tell me to move but I'm not
sure.
Maybe the same thing might be happening between the CW vs RTTY guys
???
                 73, Jeff

I believe Jeff is quite accurate in his assessment. Past practice has
been to be tolerant of cw during major contests, and the reverse is
also true. Sadly enough though, our "new" breed of operators either
just doesn't know, or simply ignor them.

Intentional QRM will never solve the problem.

73
Ed