[SECC] Fw: WPX SSB NA4W(K4WI) SOSB10 LP

Courtney Judd K4WI k4wi at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 27 19:18:41 EST 2005

This is a first! Today, Sun afternoon while trying to run on 28525 at 2040
an ESP signal keeps calling in and all I can get is something Q7something. I
fool with this guy for 15 minutes trying all combinations of the stack but
keep going back to the one going over ZS6. At 2055 I pull out 8Q7DV long
path over the south pole. I have never had this path before at this time and
with propagation so poor. I have worked this path before early at 0900 into
VR2 and 9V at the top of the solar cycle several times but never at this
hour!!! As soon as I finished a bunch of South Americans jumped on the band
wagon and worked him. I didn't work a single Euro... heard the op at NQ4I
working some but I couldn't hear a peep. This has to go down as the best
contest qso ever. I am just glad that he was so persistent! I sure would be
glad of anyone's opinion on how this path worked and nothing else except for
North/South worked for me. But I had a good time even though the 1000D is
trying to crap out on me. 73's Cort