[SECC] GQP Changes

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Fri Dec 7 10:36:04 EST 2007

I want to weigh in here on this discussion...I am currently in India and
don't have the best internet...so here goes...the band changes for
multipliers is to stimulate the home stations activity..;plain and
simple...the rovers get to work the same bunch of guys every time they
change counties..as a home station we are basically milking a deadband
because we have already worked the participants on one band...on ssb we can
continue to churn up qso's but they are not active in the GQP..on the other
hand as a person manning one of then NQ4I M-M stations on CW there is not a
single person to work..if we had the ability to move a station from cw to
ssb and from 20m to 15m it would greatly incerase the activity level...so I
think we need to consider that change...think about it some..de Rick NQ4I