[SECC] GQP Changes

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 7 11:20:01 EST 2007

With regard to Rick's comments, making additional mutlipliers does not
add the ability to move a station from CW to SSB or from one band to
another.  You already have that.  They count for QSO points and for
mults per mode.  Also, every mobile station is a separate station in
each county.  So, the home stations get to work them in every county
just as they work every other different station once on each band and
mode for QSO points.  I don't know why the ops at NQ4I don't move
stations to other modes and other bands, but allowing for more mults
wouldn't change that. It would increase the scores of each station as a
result of the QSYs.

It is my experience with my station that allows instant QSY to other
modes and bands (other than 6 or 160) that I will immediately QSY to
another band or mode upon request in any contest that I am entering
multi band or both modes.  That is if I am the S&P caller and am not
running and giving up a run frequency.  I do this whether or not I get
additional multiplier credit as long as I get QSO points.

I know we are missing home station participation that many other states
have.  I don't know what it takes to generate that interest (which we
had many years ago, maybe as a result of my promotion by hamfest flyers,
personal letters, and announcements on area nets), but I don't think it
should be necessary to inflate multipliers to a level recognized by no
other state or area QSO party.

73,

John, K4BAI.