[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score NCCC NS Ladder 3/7/08

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 7 17:59:30 EST 2008

Thanks to Jim, WA4ILO and his XYL, Carole, for their hospitality that
enabled me to join the fun last night from his station.

                     NCCC Sprint Ladder - Mar 7

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   160:   0      0
    80:  15     10
    40:  19      8
    20:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  34     18  Total Score = 612

IC746, 100W, G5RV, speaker, keyer that wouldn't exceed about 28 WPM, logging
with pen and paper.  Was visiting fellow judge WA4ILO and wanted to
encourage
him to become active in these practices.  Had intended to "coach" while Jim
operated until I found that he didn't have a contest logger that we could
easily set up for the contest. He intends to dowload CTWIN before next
Thursday.  So, I knew I could do some demonstration operating even without
computer logging.  We used a speaker, which is contrary to what either of us
normally does for copying CW, but it enabled us both to hear the same
thing and
me to make some commentary.  20 was dead.  We did OK, but not great on 40.
Closest mult was TX.  Heard some W1 and W9 stations, but they didn't
hear me.
80M was noisy and I wasn't familiar with the receiver and ended up needing a
fair number of repeats of QSO numbers due to some action of the DSP in the
receiver on that band.  We had no antenna for 160M.  Thanks for the QSOs
and I
hope there will be at least two GA mults available next week, so I can
work one
for a change.  73, John, K4BAI.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/