[SECC] My visit to NR5M for NAQP-CW 2009

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jan 16 08:05:35 EST 2009

Many thanks for sharing that with us, Scott.  The set up at NR5M is not
much different from that at NQ4I except that the rest of Rick's house is
used by him and his family and he has a different set of antennas for
the S&P station on each band, so that station can beam a different
direction from the run station. And there are lockouts at each
position.  You can change the priority of the lock out, but the S&P
station generally gets priority and the run operator has to exercise
patience as his running is interrupted.  Obviously, if the running rate
is very fast, the S&P operator will interrupt the run only for new
mults.  73, John, K4BAI.