[SECC] KB4KBS will soon no longer be "Portable Five"

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 18 17:05:19 PDT 2010

After having a contingency contract to sell our home in Roswell for 18
months, the buyers/renters have given up trying to sell their home, have
asked to terminate the contract, and have moved back to St. Simon's Island.
Faced with the reality of a full mortgage note in Georgia and a similar
sized lease note in Texas, combined with the quickly declining health of
Eileen's parents in Roswell, we have determined that it would be most
prudent for us to return to Georgia.  I am fortunate that my company's
office in Atlanta (Duluth) has made a place for me in their System
Integration Group, doing essentially the same thing I've been doing here in
Texas.  Our target move window is mid-August.

I hope to find time to string up a wire and set up a conservative version of
my station soon after the main moving boxes are unloaded, but what I really
look forward to is being available to parlay my experiences at NR5M onto a
M/M team in Georgia this Fall, and of course, winning another plaque for
"Single Op Rover-Phone" in the GQP next April.

I'll be back "home" soon,

Scott, KB4KBS

Scott Straw, CTS-D, CTS-I

scottstraw at mindspring.com