[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Jan 5 13:58:53 PST 2011

Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests:

1.  North American QRP CW Club Milliwatt Sprint
K1ZZI  23  16  736  900MW QRPP GAIN     1.5  GA  SECC
K4BAI  14   9  486  950MW QRPP GAIN HK  2.0  GA  SECC

2.  NCCC Sprint Practice 12/31/10
K4BAI  86  29  2,494  SOLP  1.0  GA  SECC
K1ZZI  78  30  2,340  SOLP  0.9  GA  SECC
N4DU   50  22  1,100  SOLP  1.0  GA  SECC

3.  2011 QRPARCI Pet Rock Sprint
K4BAI  25  19  11,039  5W QRP 2:30  GA  SECC

4.  Original QRP CW Contest
K4BAI   2             20W MP  0:03  GA  SECC

5.  ARRL Straight Key Night  (SKN)
WX4MAP  15                          AL

6.  January Adventure Radio Society Spartan Sprint.
K4BAI  30         30  QRP 5W  2.0  GA  SECC

I know a lot more of you were active in SKN activities, but Marc is the
only one who reported his results to me.  K4EOR was QRV as was K4BAI,
but I didn't make many QSOs due to a skin problem that made sending with
the straight key painful.  Speaking of straight key activities, the SKCC
is celebrating its anniversary right now by having the special event
call sign K3Y activated by different stations signing K3Y/1 to K3Y/0 and
I think also K3Y/KH6 and K3Y/KL7.  I think there is some recognition to
working all the call area K3Y stations.  At any rate, there is a lot of
activity around the SKCC frequencies these days.

Last night I was the 80M QRP Fox and worked 72 QRP hounds in 90 minutes.
  GA stations worked were K4PIC, WA4ILO, AD4J, AE4Y, K4EOR, K1ZZI.  AL:
  AJ4AY, N4SAM (of course the other Fox, AB9CA is in AL).  SC: K4LY.
Thanks for the QSOs guys.

This Week's Contests:

1.  40 Meter QRP CW Fox Hunt.  Thursday night local, 0200-0330Z Friday.
  7030-7050.  Look for two Foxes, one of whom is N4DD, Dennis, in TN.
Exchange:  RST, SPC, Name, Power.  5W maximum power.  Same deal next
Tuesday night local on 80M between 3550 and 3570.  Work only the two foxes.

2.  NCCC NS Ladder resumes Thursday night local, 0230-0259Z Friday.  20,
40, 80, 160M.  100W maximum power.  No same band dupes.  One kHz QSY
rule.  Exchange:  both calls, #, name, SPC.  Slow speed SNS 0200 to
0220Z.  Keep speed to about 18 WPM.  Same exchange and rules otherwise
except no 160M.

3.  ARRL RTTY Round Up Practice Sessions.  2200-2230Z Thursday;
0200-0230Z Friday (Thursday night local).  Good opportunities to check
out your software and logging programs prior to the real event.  Use
regular RTTY RU rules.

4.  PODXS PSK Fest.  24 hours of Saturday UTC.  80-10M PSK31.  Exchange:
  RST + SPC.

5.  Hunting Lions in the Air Contest.  48 hours of Sat and Sun UTC.
160-10M CW, SSB, Digital, Echolink.  Exchange:  RS(T) + QSO# + Lions
Club Name + Lions Club District if you are a Lion.  If you are not, just
RS(T) + serial #.

6.  Michigan QRP Club January CW Contest.  12Z Sat to 2359Z Sun.  160-6M
CW.  Exchange:  RST + SPC + MiQRP # or power.

7.  WWPMC Contest.  12Z Sat to 12Z Sun.  80-10M CW, SSB. Exchange:
RS(T) + Peace Messenger City Abbreviation or CQ Zone.

8.  ARRL RTTY Round Up.  18Z Sat to 24Z Sun.  RTTY, Digital.  80-10M.
Exchange for W/VE stations:  RST _ S/P.  For others:  RST + Serial #.

9.  NCJ NAQP CW Contest.  18Z Sat to 06Z Sun.  160-10M CW.  10 hour
maximum for single ops (1/2 hour minimum off time).  Multipiers S,P, NA
countries count per band.  Maximum power 100W.  Exchange:  Name + SPC.
(only Name for stations outside US or you can log as "DX").  Team
competition with 5 member teams and no circle restrictions.  Contact
WA1FCN for ACG and K4BAI for SECC to join a team.  Same deal the next
weekend on SSB and contact the same guys for SSB team participation.

10.  EUCW 160M Contest.  20-23Z Sat; 04-07Z Sun.  160M CW.  Exchange:
RST + Name + Affiliated Club Name and member #.  Or for non-members:
RST + Name.  Each station can be worked once in each of the two periods.

11.  Straight Key Century Club Weekend Sprint (WES).  00-24Z Sunday.
160-6M CW.  Use mechanical key.  Exchange:  RST + Name + SPC + SKCC# or
"none."  The K3Y stations will be QRV.

12.  Midwinter Contest.  10-14Z Sunday.  80-10M CW, SSB.  Exchange:
RS(T) + Serial #.  YLs begin serial numbers with 2001 and OMs begin with
001.  No points for OM to OM QSOs.  Bonus points for working PIrYLC.
So, if you are an OM, you want to work YLs and YLs can also work each other.

13.  Tuesday night 80M CW QRP Fox Hunt.  See 40M Thursday night QRP Fox
Hunt above.

14.  CW Ops Club Mini Tests (CWT).  Next Wednesday local times.  One
hour each beginning at 11Z, 19Z and 03Z (Thursday UTC).  80, 40, 20M CW.
  Look around 028 kHz on each band.  Exchange:  Name + CWOps # or SPC
for non members.  This new club has over 850 members and the CWT
mini-tests are a good opportunity to put your call out and maybe get an
invitation to join the club.  See the webpage for information on the club.

Hope everyone has a good week and weekend and a lot of QSOs.  I am
planning on a full time effort in NAQP CW, which is a fun contest.
I will register the SECC teams late Friday, so let me know if you want
to be on a team.  If something happens and you must miss it, let me know
as I can re-register teams before the contest starts.

73, John, K4BAI.