[SECC] N1MM Enter Send Message

Mack McCormick w4ax.mack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 04:01:09 PDT 2011

Good Morning,

I found the videos in this article very helpful to understand Enter Sends
Messages in N1MM. I admit that I've never fully understood the concept
before watching these videos and now plan to use this feature in future
contests.

Here is the excerpt from Ward Silver's excellent weekly contesting letter:

What is "Enter-Sends-Mode" (ESM) anyway? Offered by several contest logging
program, this mode lets you do a lot with the Enter key. Call CQ? Press
Enter. Send the exchange? Press Enter. Acknowledge the received information
and ask for more callers? Press Enter. Pioneered in the MS-DOS TR-LOG
program, many top operators find it to be efficient, but it does take some
getting used to. To explain ESM, the N1MM development team has posted links
to videos on using it during
CW<http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Video+-+Enter+Sends+Messages%2C+CW#Video_Enter_Sends_Messages_CW>
 and RTTY<http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Video+-+Enter+Sends+Messages%2C+RTTY#Video_Enter_Sends_Messages_RTTY>
operation.