[SECC] CQWW WPX SSB

Kt4zb--- via SECC secc at contesting.com
Mon Mar 23 23:07:01 EDT 2015

Oh my, here we go. Can you believe, Kevan playing the "poor ole' country
boy " card. What was it that the spider said to the fly? If you want to play
that little WPX  game…come on in. Don't mind that WPX plaque on the  wall.
And hey, that new horizontal loop antenna only has 2 QSO's on it so who
knows if it's really any good?

And don't believe that silly talk about  working assisted might give you
some edge, everyone knows that WPX is nothing  but a rate contest.  Now Kevin
does have a mighty fine Pedegree, what with  the "The Judge", and "Drubber,
The Contest Monster",  Hard to beat that  combination. However, Kevin if you
must know, my "original" Contest Elmer is  and continues to be the "Da
Judge". No way he's gonna  lose in this  competition.  And the last time that
the Drubber and I went sort of  head-to-head was in the 2014 ARRL DX Contest,
I had 2,069,949 points while  John had a measly 2,021,370; that's a 2.3
percent difference you  see..

Now I never really learned much from Jim, VE7ZO because I was  just so in
awe of watching and listening him run 40m that I forgot what I was  supposed
to do. But he would let me be a 40m daytime op, so I did  learn how to call
CQ.

Now in the spirit of ham friendship, here's a few tips. On Friday night
start on 80m and then go to 10m about 9:30 to !0 pm. Sleep in on Saturday,
since  we're running low power; that will give the big guns time to whittle
down the  pile. Start out on 40m and if you see the 9N spotted, spend an hour
or so  working the pile giving out only your last two of your call. Never,
never usea  keyer. Most importantly, take some time to get up and stretch, eat
a snack and  catch some NCAA action.  That way you'll come back to the QRM
refreshed.

Sounds like a fun weekend coming up - too bad John's in  Arizona. Miss you
Drubber.  Come on everyone get on the air and let  loose!

Good hunting Kevan - Jere

In a message dated 3/23/2015 7:57:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,