[SECC] SECC Digest, Vol 165, Issue 37

William Roberson arebias at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 09:23:19 EDT 2016

CQ WW DX RTTY Contest

I was expecting to see other SECC participating stations but thus far a
search for SECC submitted scores returns only mine. Hmmm.... I hope to
see others submitted in the coming days. Surely I was not alone. hi hi

I also expect my score to drop considerably in the final tally since
there were quite a few calls that did not seem absolutely correct nor
did I take the time to hunt down each and every possible mistake to try
and correct. My goals for this contest was to try and get in the top 5
for Georgia for the category and possibly the top 25 with all stations
combined. The latter according to what I have seen so far was a bust.
Will just have to wait to see how the first goal listed plays out.

Call:*K4WDR <http://3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=K4WDR>*
Operator(s):K4WDR <http://3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=K4WDR>
Station: K4WDR

Class:*SOAB LP (Single Operator All Band Low Power)*
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Location: USA

<http://3830scores.com/comparescores.php?arg=KhcacozEgmqir&call=K4WDR>
Band 	QSOs 	State/Prov 	DX 	Zones
80: 	86 	30 	10 	10
40: 	109 	35 	23 	11
20: 	80 	16 	38 	16
15:

10:

Total: 	*275* 	*81* 	*71* 	*37* 	Total Score 	*87,129*

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments: [email] <mailto:arebias%40yahoo.com>    2016-09-26 05:20:49
I spent more time off (27 hrs) than in the seat (21 hrs) - Started Late,
Ended Early - So the low score was predictable. For one reason or
another this contest really tested my endurance. I found that after 50
years old - I just don't have any .... hi hi Worked the contest with a
Kenwood TS-480 SAT and a 160m Doublet (240' long) tuned with a Dentron
Super Tuner and I generally kept my exciter power down from anywhere to
8 to 12 watts or so and used my Ameritron AL-811H amplifier to bring my
power up to just shy of the 100 watts maximum for the LP category
according to my Palstar PM2000A watt meter. Maybe next year I can do
better but perhaps the score will be usable for the SECC Group overall.