[SEDXC] Re: [SECC] 160 band plan comments

thompson@mindspring.com thompson@mindspring.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:46:19 -0500

Thanks for the comments.  The ARRL has set up a committee to come up with a
band plan for 160.  My main statement
is that the band must first be a world wide band.  Outside major contest
weekends the existing bandplan works 99.9%
thereby protecting CW below 1840.

As to splits on 40 I live for the day when 40 is a world wide ham band and
BC interference and splits except for rare Dxpeditions
are no longer necessary.

73 Dave K4JRB