[SEDXC] [BrassPounders] ARRL and FCC proposal

Ed Tanton n4xy at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 23 21:39:13 EST 2007

I have just sent the following COMMENT to the FCC regarding RM-11306.

I am completely opposed to the proposed changes specifically
regarding any usage allowing automatic operations of any kind outside
the existing/current sub-bands.

Specifically, my opposition regards the incredible potential for
interference to the present users of these sub-bands; as well as the
fact that these proposed new usages by these automatic devices in
these sub-bands provides no useful purpose whatsoever that is not
already wholly and satisfactorily provided by other, established methods.

Weighing the interference potential against what is, at best, a
virtually negligible gain in the overall capabilities of the
communications capabilities of all of the included services can only
serve to illustrate the utterly marginal utility of the proposed services.

I urge you to reject RM-11306.

Of course, this-too-is just one person's opinion. The following link
at QRZ.COM explains and discusses this RM:

http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=3&t=150129

Ed Tanton

website: http://www.n4xy.com

All emails <IN> & <OUT> checked by