[SEDXC] Contest: Does this count?

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:04:27 EDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Keith LaBorde (K4KAL) <klaborde at yahoo.com> wrote:
> SEDXC Members and officers...
> I know this is supposed to be fun, but I think the "Scope Creep" on the
> rules maybe getting out of hand with this contest. The website clearly says...
> The SEDXC Wire Antenna DX Contest is underway!

Actually, I don't think the rules were ever clearly defined if all it
says is "wire antenna".  This is why I asked for clarification.  As
you know, there are many kind of wire antennas and the rules only
state that Quads aren't allowed because they are rotatable.  Does the
wire antenna have to be wire only and how does coiling wire around a
form to shorten the antenna make it not appropriate for this contest?
That would mean trap dipoles are not allowed as well?  What about
vertical wire antennas?  Vertical dipoles will likely be better DX
antennas for some than low height horizontal dipoles.  if a wire
antenna is made out of solid large gauge wire, is it no longer a wire
antenna?

With respect, how can there be "scope creep" when the scope is not
clearly defined?  The overall goal of the contest is clearly defined
but not the scope IMO.

and yes, I am a member in good standing.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)