[SEDXC] Interesting one heard during the ST0R pileup last night

Tad Williamson ironbutttad at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 05:39:52 PDT 2011

I was listening to ST0R in my left ear and listening to the pileup in my right ear last night.

I heard the tuner-uppers, jammers, the "UP UP" guys and other idiots on ST0R's frequency.

I heard the continuous-callers(how do those guys ever work anyone?) and the guys that call no matter who the DX calls.

But I heard a new "bird" last night I'd never heard before.  To demonstrate I'll use my old call, WA4CUG.  This guy would send "TU 5NN DE WA4CUG" everytime the ST0R would go back to someone.  Something like this:

ST0R:        K4ABC 5NN
WA4CUG:  TU 5NN DE WA4CUG
ST0R:        K4ABC TU QRZ
WA4CUG:  TU 5NN DE WA4CUG
ST0R:        N9XYZ 5NN
WA4CUG:  TU 5NN DE WA4CUG
ST0R:        N9XYZ TU QRZ
WA4CUG:  TU 5NN DE WA4CUG
ST0R:         KC4CSU 5NN
WA4CUG:  TU 5NN DE WA4CUG
.
and on and on.  I listened to this guy do this for 10 minutes.  Amazing.

Just thought I'd share that with y'all.
73, Tad, WF4W

"What a long, strange trip it's been"

The Grateful Dead