[SEDXC] HEADSETS...

Jim Worthington jimworth at me.com
Fri Oct 26 08:59:37 EDT 2012

The Heil elements definitely sound good. I've owned their Pro headset with an HC4 element and one their desk mics (HM-10, I think) with switchable elements (HC4 & HC5). Audio reports were always good with either element, though the HC4 has more punch for DX and contest work. Lately, I've been using a Koss SB/49 headset and get good reports with it, as well. The K3 has audio equalization built-in, as I'm sure other rigs do. So, you may be able to tailor the audio to your taste without buying an external equalizer.

73,
Jim AD4J