[SEDXC] LOW BAND DX

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Dec 24 22:35:33 EST 2018

> Can someone enlighten me on this? Have I been hobbling myself on HF
 > unnecessarily at 25W (50-70W on ATNO occasions)?

Joe Taylor has *never* called his modes "low power" modes - he refers
to them specifically as *weak signal* modes.  They are designed for
operation at lower *received signal levels* - for example EME where
high transmit power and high gain antennas are used on paths with a
very high loss.  The same applies to meteor scatter and tropo scatter
- again where high transmit powers and high gain antennas are used to
overcome high path losses.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV