[SESprint] N2NL's Sprint Tips (FWIW)

Bill Fisher, W4AN sesprint@contesting.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:37:52 -0400 (EDT)

> Tip 3.
> Turn on your radio NOW and find the fastest CW station on the air.
> Listen to him, and just get used to copying QRQ CW, even if it is
> way above your comfortable speed.  You'll be surprised at what you
> can copy when you relax. Do this exercise every day before the contest.
> Even better -- jump in there and make QRQ QSOs.  The more you operate,
> the better prepared you will be for the Big Game.

I've been on the air every day for the past 3 weeks.   Great advice.

> Tip 4.
> R-e-l-a-x.  N2NL already touched on this.  If you find yourself
> getting overwhelmed, take a few deep breaths, spin the dial,
> and call CQ.  The next QSO will help calm you down if you are
> too flustered to search for the next "duplet" QSO pair. Staying
> focused while your adrenaline is pumping 250% above normal is
> one of the great challenges and delights of the Sprint!

Should be tip #1.   This is by far the most important thing I think.  If
you get overwhelmed or find yourself in a state of funk (not finding
anyone new), CALL CQ.  I probably hear N9RV and N2NT call 50 CQs during
the Sprint.   You don't have to only S&P.

Regarding recordings...  The last time I tried to parallel my laptop with
my radios, the audio was all garbled.  Anyone have any suggestions?

73

Bill