[Skimmertalk] Deaf QS1R

Andy KU7T ku7t at ku7t.org
Thu Dec 20 21:50:34 EST 2018

Bob,

I also transmit at same location but have a protector on the front end, and also a 10 db preamp. Preamp first, then protector.

CW skimmer does not complain about anything. Both check marks are green.

In fact I did my investigations in SDRMaxV and it all runs fine but without signals and just some strange birdies.

When I connect the CWSkimmer Server again, I get a jump from 4W to 9W when skimming all 7 bands (measured on the 110V side)

When I connect my skimmer antenna, it has about 100 decoders, when I disconnect the antenna, it stays about the same.

Is there something in the RF path that I could check? Is there a protection diode/fuse that could be blown?

Andy

KU7T