[NZ4O Spaceweather] Solar Flux Index Drops Below 100 Again

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O solarcycle24 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 11 05:18:56 PDT 2011

On Tuesday May 10, 2011 the daily solar flux index (SFI) fell below 100
(97.5) for the first time since March 22, 2011. During this month the daily
sunspot count has been as high as 90 but the sunspot groups have for the
most part been small, weak and magnetically simple.

Radiowave propagation continues good on 15 and 12 meters but has become a
bit more sporadic on 10 meters. 6 meters is seeing more and more sporadic E
(Es) openings as we enter the traditional northern hemisphere warm season
pattern.

For now the sun has returned to it's quiet state as we experienced in early
2011 on back. Even as solar cycle 24 continues it's rise to a smoothed
sunspot number (SSN) maximum of ~95 in December 2013, we will continue to
see periods of abnormal sunspot production with groups small, weak and
magnetically simple.

Several years ago all government, university and private entities were
forecasting a very large solar cycle 24. As a now retired Solar & Space
Plasma Physicist as well as a Meteorologist/Climatologist I was the only one
forecasting a weak one. Unfortunately so far my forecast has been correct as
I still believe the sun is headed for a Maunder type minimum in solar output
and a continued cooling of earth's climate.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
solarcycle24 at tampabay.rr.com

eMail Reflector Moderator & Owner

NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.solarcycle24data.org
NZ4O HF/6M Radiowave Propagation Forecast: http://www.solarcycle24.org

NZ4O HF/6M Frequency Radiowave Propagation Email Reflector:
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data In Graphic & Image Format:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o2.htm
NZ4O Solar Cycle 24 Forecast Discussion & Archive:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o4.htm
NZ4O 160 Meter Radio Propagation Theory Notes:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o5.htm
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Raw Forecast Data Links:
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o6.htm
Harmful Man Induced Climate Change (Global Warming) Refuted:
http://www.globalwarminglie.org