[TenTec] Circuit breaker

Paul Plasters PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com
Thu, 03 Jul 1997 10:46:18 -0500

> 2) Can I obtain a TenTec circuit breaker or is there a reasonable
> substitute?

If TT still has them and I believe they do then get one as it's less than
$20.00. This is the only way you can turn the rig off if you're using a
battery as the switch on the Corsair II is not made to handle 20A current.
The breaker is made by Air-Pax so you could buy one from them. It's a
magnetic breaker that has a much faster trip time than a fuse.

73 Jim K4CGY
Hi Jim;
Does the Corsair use this much current for transmitting?  Or is it common
practice to turn off the power when transmitting?
The built in power switch should easily handle the recieving current.
I relayed in private message to George that I had run some tests on
circuit breakers and compared them to identicly sized fuses, and the
fuse opened much quicker.  I am not sure what you mean by magnetic
breaker opening faster.  It still will handle quite a bit of overload before
opening.  Maybe we could try testing one of the ten-tec units if we could
find one.  73 Paul WA9FFL
    o~
  _[-/)_
Ride to live-Live to ride