[TenTec] Reducing Argosy "Popping" on CW

Rick Arland k7sz@juno.com
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 22:48:39 EDT

I just procured an Argosy-II a couple of weeks ago and tried using it on
CW. The
full QSK that is so nice on the Argonaut, Corsair and Omnis, has an
annoying
"pop" on the Argosy.

After looking through some ARRL Hints and Kinks, I found a mod that
replaces the stock 1 mfd cap at C-40 on the IF board with a 10 mfd 16
volt electrolytic. This slows down the AGC recovery and reduces or
eliminates the "popping" encountered when using CW on the Argosy.

I performed that mod this evening (took about 15 mintues) and boy, what a
difference! My Argosy-II is now fun to use on CW.

73 rich K7SZ

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]