[TenTec] Pegasus beta software

David McClafferty at060@chebucto.ns.ca
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 20:45:55 -0400 (AST)

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Steve Ellington N4LQ wrote:

> I can't see the Pegasus controlling the Hercules unless an interface
> is installed. The Herc requires a gounded lead to activate each band
> relay. It was easy rigging it up with the old Omni C but the Pegasus
> has no external connector. After looking over the schematic of the
> Pegasus, it wouldn't be difficult at all to tap into the coil of each
> band relay and use those voltages to activate small relays external to
> the rig and key the Herc. All it would take is some multiconductor
> wire and no software changes are needed.
> Steve N4LQ

Do you have schematics for the Pegasus? Someone mentioned they were
available for the asking but when I called the Tentec repair number they
said they didn't think they were available yet. They are still using their
original shop copies. Maybe I should call the sales number. I was thinking
about using relays connected as you mentioned to switch antennas but now
that I have the version 1.63 software I can use the antenna switch
provided by Log-EQF via the printer port. That should work for a linear as
well and is easier to get at than tearing into the Pegasus.

					73, Dave, VE1ADH