[TenTec] Re: Flamed by a customer?

Joe Malloy jmalloy@stny.rr.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:23:26 -0500

> Welcome to the internet.

Welcome to opinions gone wild, I think you meant to say.

> Maybe your public rebuke to Tim was justified in your mind but
> was it worth it? Well you've crossed the line now.

It wasn't a rebuke, you see.  It wasn't a sharply worded castigation (that's
a "rebuke") of Tim but an exasperated expression of the opinion that one
should know what he is talking about if he undertakes to tell a manufacturer
publicly that its product is flawed.   Scott's response  was well justified,
in my view, but your take on it is obviously different.  C'est la vie.

Actually, it's refreshing to see a representative of a company take a
passionate view of the manufacturing process and the complaints it sometimes
engenders.   Yes, Scott's response may have crossed a line, but the line he
crossed was from "ordinary manufacturer's mumbe-jumbo" to "reasoned and
impassioned speech".  I'm sorry you didn't see it that way.

And no, I'm not just "pro-Ten-Tec", not everything they have produced is to
my taste, that's why I have Yaesu, Icom and Elecraft gear in the shack as
well.

73,

Joe, W2RBA