[TenTec] RE: Power Supply & Equip. grounding

Michael Melland, W9WIS w9wis at charter.net
Wed Dec 10 08:35:44 EST 2003

>HOWEVER, if the station ground is connected to the house/station electrical
service at the breaker panel, there will be no >potential difference between
grounds and therefore no ground loop.

Agreed..... but then I'd have a 50 foot long ground wire <grin>..... my
power panel is 50 ft from the shack on the other end of the house.  I
suppose I could run a circular heavey wire under ground around the house and
then attach my station ground to it.  It seems that perhaps the perfect
electrical ground scheme and the perfect rf ground system are often not the
same ?

Mike, W9WIS