[TenTec] Re: E-HAM Reviews

Barry N1EU n1eu at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 11:18:46 EST 2003

My 2 cents on this beat-to-death topic:

Newer rigs are more critically graded on eHam compared
to older rigs.  So yes, I take the 5.0 rating of the
765/781 and, especially, the 950SDX with a large grain
of salt.

I'm not convinced that published lab test measurements
of ham equipment are repeatable and stand up to
scrutiny, let alone comparison between radios.  IMHO,
performance in your shack, in your environment, is the
only meaningful measure.  I REALLY don't believe these
numbers mean much -   I've seen just too much
contradiction in numbers and in experience.

73,
Barry N1EU