[TenTec] RE: Orion Expanded Report

Art Searle w2nra at birdsandbeacons.com
Tue Dec 23 17:05:29 EST 2003

> When the band gets *really* crowded with S9+40 signals,
> are you honestly trying to pick out signals that don't
> even move the S meter?

I encounter S1 signals among S9+40 all of the time chasing
DX doing narrow spits on CW with the DX being the less than
S1 part and all of the calling stations being the over S9+40
crowd.  I don't have an Orion; haven't decided whether I'm
going to get one but I am going to upgrade my station for
this very reason.

When I'm trying to work some early morning DX from my
bedroom station and the wife tells me to put on the
headphones because it's to noisy she can't sleep and I'm
already wearing them I figure it's time to upgrade my rig!
Either that or I'm going to go deaf very soon.

73 es Happy Holidays,

Art
W2NRA