[TenTec] TCXO

Pete Juliano jessystems at cablespeed.com
Sun Jun 15 18:33:40 EDT 2003

Wow, for those of you lucky enough to have an Orion and are now measuring drift from a cold start to about 18 Hz and then settles back to within 1 Hz. Some of you might remember when a radio drifted only 1 or 2 kHz from cold start and then 100 Hz (or more) per hour and we thought that was terrific!

My how the times have changed but it is indeed a sign of yet the improved technology.

Wished I had an Orion so I could say mine only drifts 18 Hz and then settles back; but I do have a couple of rigs (TT) and they are close but not that good.

73's
Pete W6JFR