[TenTec] Delta II Cooling Fan

Jeff Modlin kd4znc at arrl.net
Sun Mar 2 20:29:55 EST 2003

Mitch,

HVAC convention is to have cooling fans suck the air over the heat
source.  The simple reason is that the heat generated by the motor and
the friction losses in the machine add energy to air and consequently
raise the temperature.  So the air being pushed by a fan has slightly
more energy in it than air pulled by a fan.

All of this being said and referencing KE4TEG's reply, having the fan
pulling air over the fins is better as long as the fan is on.  If for
the sake of noise reduction or any other reason, the fan is switched
off; its presence will impede cooling.

73 de Jeffrey Modlin
KD4ZNC in Coral Springs, Florida  USA