[TenTec] audio

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Fri Nov 7 09:13:37 EST 2003

Jack,

When I had an Orion back in August, I noticed that the audio setup to the
back ACCY jack was inconsistent.  While you can control which audio goes to
the speaker and to the right and/or left headphone, you have no control over
what audio goes to the ACCY jack. I mentioned this to TT and they replied
that there is no hardware provision for routing the ACCY jack audio. The
manual that came with my Orion (the original manual - I think there's been
an update released) said that the ACCY jack was a 5 pin DIN and that the
pinout was similar to that on the Pegasas / Jupiter. However, the actual
jack is an 8 pin DIN and one of the extra pins has audio out as well. From
what I understand, each of these pins is connected to a different DSP
processor. If that processor is used for audio going to one of the other
destinations (headphone / speaker) that audio will be present on the ACCY
jack. If it is not being used, there will be no audio.

It really seems a shame that on such a high end, where folks will be wanting
to use it with a soundcard that TT didn't provide audio routing for the ACCY
output.

73,
Mark