[TenTec] SSB audio and 1.366

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Sat Nov 15 09:22:38 EST 2003

> Are you sure that you both haven't been sipping too many
> Mai Tai's?

Was just mid-afternoon,  hi!

> I asked  locally and people told me that my audio was good
> with no reports of distortion.

What really got our attention was that several others on the
Hawaii Afternoon Net reported that each of our audio sounds
were "raspy",  somehow distorted.  And I thought other
rcvd signals were also sounding bad,  but then that seemed
to clear up.  We did a lot of parameter changing during the net;
I was told eventually that my audio came to "broadcast" quality,
but what I was hearing from the other Orion still did not sound
very good.  Just hoping others would also experience this
problem set,  but maybe it is just us out here in mid-Pacific!

> I can only suggest trying a reset and also maybe trying the
> back up battery reset.

I did do the Master Reset......what is the "back up battery reset"?

> By the way, your message did make it through last night.

Ok,  that must mean that you and also others do not have
these problems,  hmmmm.

>  Maybe the gods of  the ether intercepted your email.

Out here,  we seem to be at the end of somebody's
Internet line;  often reflector mail is delayed a long time.
And the web browser often just sits with no incoming
packets,  and I am on Verizon DSL!

> Band conditions have not been the greatest.

Wonder if that would account for fuzzy/raspy audio?

Thanks for your comments,  John.

73,  Jim  KH7