[TenTec] 253 Auto tuner questions

Dave W7DPW w7dpw at comcast.net
Sun Sep 14 15:52:17 EDT 2003

Ken,

I use an external remote antenna switch. I have disconnected the
coupling from the antenna switch on the 253 and use it as a section
selector switch.  I set it to Hi_SSB, Lo-SSB, CW and RTTY. Any four
sections could be selected or chosen.

When tuning to a different section of the band, or a different mode, I
just turn the antenna selector on the 253 to match.  This has worked
for me for several years without problems.

I do have an OMNI 6 plus and I also have the factory cabling, but
before I had the cabling, I build a manual selector  I use this
switch. when I use my secondary srtation , an OMNI D with the 253....

Dave W7DPW
.