[TenTec] 450 OHM LADDER LINE FEED THROUGH FOR LOW POWER OPERATION.

Larry Greenberg N5BEA larrylg1 at excite.com
Wed Apr 14 16:17:38 EDT 2004

Well I am ready to go up with my antenna fed by 450 ohm ladder line. I have a rope and pulley at  35 feet and I am ready to hoist it in to the air.  The question is this..  I will now be running an ARGO V 20 watts or less. Initially, I planned to use a couple of feed through insulators through a thin sheet of plywood in my window.  I live in a damp coastal climate with lots of flying bugs and things. Should I cut  a slit, use some caulk and take my chances or would the feed through insulators be practical on low power?  Once the feed line is cut, there is no looking back...  I have very little experience with 450 ohm ladder.Larry GreenbergN5BEA