[TenTec] Re: Orion - Jupiter Mic Ground and Other Stuff

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Mon Apr 19 14:12:24 EDT 2004

John,

Thanks for the tips. While I'm sure the reflector would appreciate your
write-up, you might consider sending it to one of the ham radio mags.

Also, a tip about computer monitors. While they are more expensive, LCD
monitors are a lot quieter RF-wise than CRT ones.  The prices are coming
down. I just bought a 17" Benq from PC Connection for under $400.  It works
fine.

When you mention a dedicated 120V circuit, should other shack equipment be
on the same or a different circuit?  When you mention not using different
receptacles, do you mean on the same or on different circuits?  I currently
run my shack (except for the amp) from one receptacle (by necessity - it's
the only one there) using a power strip to plug in multiple devices.  The
only other receptacle on that circuit is at the other end of the room where
the shack is and is usually only used when I'm watching TV in the shack.
I'm planning on rewiring the shack and placing  multiple receptacles around
the walls to get rid of the power strips. I had originally planned on adding
two new circuits, one for each side wall (the existing circuit is on the end
walls). Including the existing circuit, that would make three. Perhaps I
should just add receptacles to the existing circuit. I don't have a problem
with current capacity, though I plug in a lot of items, only a few of them
are on at one time, I just want to have receptacles close to where the
equipment is.

73,
Mark