[TenTec] Steppir vs Orion

Bernard(wtrone) wtrone at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 22:41:54 EDT 2004

    Martin: I had the same problem with my Orion.  They sent me the K2 cable
and it just wouldn't work.  After a couple of conversations with Jim at
SteppIR, we decided that the pin connections were incorrect.  They sent me
another cable, but I built one in the meanwhile.

    The correct pin to pin connections are Pin 2 to Pin2, Pin5 to Pin5, Pin3
to Pin3, and Pin7 to Pin7?  Pin 7 and Pin 9 must be jumpered at the SteppIR
Controller end.  This worked for me and the cable that I later received also
worked.

    I think if you make up a cable with these pin outs you will get the
interface to work.

                73,

                 Bernard, WA4OEJ