[TenTec] Re: Pegasus discontinued

WA3FIY wa3fiy at radioadv.com
Sat Jan 10 15:05:05 EST 2004

On 10 Jan 2004 at 9:14, Duane Grotophorst wrote:

> Hopefully it means that there is a Pegasus II in the
> works, you know the one with the 24-bit A to D plus
> 32-bit DSP of the Orion and Ethernet interfacing.
> Additionally with 2 or so optional narrow roofing
> filter slots in the IF chain. And of course the
> exceptionally clean synthesizer of the Orion.

Or something like that.   I'm with you hoping Ten Tec is planning
some sort of replacement for the Peg and maybe the Jupiter.   I think
of the Pegasus as one of the best values in amateur radio and I
hope Ten Tec can justify doing a up scale Pegasus and perhaps
follow on with a similar Jupiter.   It would be fine with me if the
general coverage feature was left out.

I doubt they could match the synthesizer of the Orion and stay in the
price bracket they need to be in but maybe something near the
performance of the Omni V and VI synthesizer.

That would be one great rig for "the rest of us"!    :-)

Oh.............please don't put an ISB port on the thing!

--

73 de Lee  WA3FIY
wa3fiy at radioadv.com