[TenTec] Re: An example of changing Orionfirmwaretomeetexpectations

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Sun Jul 11 15:50:29 EDT 2004

On 11 Jul 2004 at 13:47, Eric Scace K3NA wrote:

> Hi Grant --
>
>    Yes, you're missing a point which I didn't make clear.
>
>    Of course overwriting the B VFO frequency is the desired result when one purposely pushes the A>B button.  The human factors
> issues come in to play because we make mistakes.  What if one didn't intend to push that particular button?

I don't disagree that pushing the wrong button inadvertently is one of
the things that most of us do from time to time.

GUess I see that as a cockpit issue -- unless we endow the radio
with a generic "undo" button to correct out mistakes.

The ultimate solution, of course, is that the radio respond not to
what we do, but what we INTENDED to do.  Let's see if Gary can
handle THAT firmware update :-)

Grant/NQ5T